Thursday, September 30, 2010

Miniature Garden - The Zen Retreat Centre

This is another of my miniature retreat garden - mind retreat. I took my time arranging and rearranging them. These monks were bought at a jumble sale - RM2.00 for 10. I almost clapped my hands with glee when I paid the money. In fact I could not believe my ears when the lady who sold them to me told me that the tiny monks caused only RM2.00.

I imagine what my monks were up to when I arranged them. One could be meditating, another resting, yet another praying. Setting up such gardens are really not only challenging but invigorating. Such hobby draws you in.

See the tiny guy on the rock? Adorable right? I wonder what he is thinking about.


And this little fellow is sound asleep on a cool rock.


This is another angle

You can have a better look at the monk village - their retreat



A close up look



The name of the village is displayed.



You can imagine what each is up to. Each position will denote a different act.
I found myself 'there'



The retreat is near the sea. And do take notice of the tiny monk on the high rock. Wouldn't you want to be in his shoes? Sitting high up there, meditating and enjoying the cool breeze of the sea.



A monk crossing the bridge to go somewhere. Perhaps to wait for the boat to cross to another country?





No comments:

Post a Comment