Thursday, August 26, 2010

Hari Raya Cards

I wish all my Muslim friends and readers "Selamat Hari Raya".
This is a photo of a new moon.
As you can see, this card has a mixed feature of a Chinese and Malay element. Beautiful right?
This season I am in the passion of making Hari Raya cards for each of my close Muslim friend. I find it truly pleasurable to create each card. Some of the cards took me two days to complete especially those that need intricate cutting and pasty enjoyed. Below are some of the cards that I have made.
This is an intricate card. It took four main steps to complete it.


This photo does not show the real beauty of the card. The card is light green and I guess my camera did not do justice to my hard work. Sigh.....





These two cards have a mixed feature of Malay and Indian elements. Interesting right? Sometimes as I work, I tend to unconsciously combine mix elements from our rich diverse culture. This goes to show that the different cultures in Malaysia have inevitably sipped into our soul and bring us together as truly 1 Malaysia.


This card looks like Disney castle, don't you think so? Hee! Hee! But I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment