Friday, April 15, 2011

Paper Dolls in Sarees

Hi to all my friends and readers. It has been months since I sat at the computer to update my blog. I was really, really busy. I was so busy that I thought I would just close my blog and that's it but ...eh....well. And then I realize that my blog is unlike others where they have a theme. I have a mixture of this and that. Well, this shows my diversification, right? And to those who are reading won't find it so boring. Hee! Hee! Hee! Well, I was also very caught up with a new hobby. Making cards with dollies dressed in sarees. At first I thought there were not many ways of tying a saree. How wrong I was! I did a little research on the internet and I was astounded by the many,many different ways of tying a saree. There are conventional types as well as modern ones. But the number is really amazing. I was so excited that I sat down and drew and drew and then coloured and coloured them. My daughters were amazed at my intensity which has not subsided. They asked if I was not bored just drawing dolls in sarees. I smiled. I told them I would draw others but I must first satiate my appetite for this and thus the number of cards with dolls in sarees increases daily. Anyway I have also put a little stop to my craziness. I have began to pick and choose the ones I find beautiful. Let me share of my creations with you and hope that you too will be like me, going crazy of them. Sorry that the picture is not very clear. I don't have a fantastic camera. This card was for a friend who got married. A not so modern girl. Look at the flowers on her hair, lovely right? Yes, I really enjoy doing the cards - doing up the dolls. I used a mixture of materials and I take about an hour for each card. Sometimes to wait for the glitter glue to dry, I take two days to complete a card.
A modern Indian girl



Two mischievous little girls. I adore these girls.



A modern Indian girl who looks a little like a Hawaiian girl. Ha! Ha! Ha!



An Indian bride - a traditional Indian bride



A some what traditional way of tying a saree. My daughters laughed at the autumn leaves. I told them that this girl lives in England so we have the falling leaves.



This is a punjabi suit and not a saree but I put it here to show you that I did this for a friend who is always in this attire.



This card was for a birthday girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment