Sunday, September 12, 2010

Miniature Retreat Gardens

Miniature Retreat Centre - a simple one.

In this blog, I will share some simple assembled miniature retreat gardens. I will come to the more complicated ones later.

One of my greatest joy was setting up a miniature retreat garden. I would actually want to name it 'Mind Retreat Garden'. It is therapeutic for a stressed mind apart from having a real wonderful and joyous time setting it.

I know gardening is therapeutic but if you just try what I am going to show you here, you will be just as enthusiastic and obsessive as I am. It took me some time to set it because it wasn't easy hunting for the right things at the right price. I always believe in saving cost and setting up a miniature retreat can be quite costly if you are not careful. You know you can simply walk into a pet shop to get all your things and then start assembling. But I don't want and actually, I can't afford it because every item is expensive there and if I splash unwisely, I will end up burning a big hole in my pocket. So I space out my buying.

When this happens, I am hooked. It means I am kept on an alert for things (go for jumble sales, look out for sales and discounts). I get all excited and full of anticipation as well as frustration (that I can't buy everything in one go) Ha! Ha! Ha!

When you set up your miniature retreat garden, plan before hand. Don't walk blindly into a pet shop (yeah, that's where I get all my stuffs) and start buying. Not only will you end up burning a hole in your pocket but you will end up buying too many which will overcrowd the place.

I use aquariums to set up my miniature retreat garden. I can assure you that by the time you finished setting up the place, you will be so satisfied and rejuvenated to handle another onslaught of stress and unreasonable workload.


A pond garden. I have mixed real plants with artificial ones.




These two photos are of the same miniature garden. The plant in the pot is a real plant.



I put this in the house, using all artificial plants. This was done some time back and I have disassembled it. It was my first trial and error piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment