Friday, October 29, 2010

Jumping Clay

Hi everyone. A very good morning to all of you. Today I would like to share with you another of my crazy ventures - making stuffs out of jumping clay. This hobby was introduced through my intense curiosity about polymer clay. I was watching Youtube after Youtube on flowers and stuffs being made from polymer clay and so after weeks of watching how things are being created from polymer clay, I went to my friend and asked her if she sold any polymer clay and she told me yes but the catch was, 'Very Expensive' and so she introduced me to jumping clay.


And so like a child I took the packet home and started making stuffs. The first ones were the animals - the ones you are seeing below. And then I became adventurers. I made tiny winee pizza, cakes and etc. It was really exciting, exhilarating. I spent hours moulding the stuffs. Small objects require extreme patience. But I didn't mind. I disturb no one and no one disturbs me. My two girls happily left me on my own because they too wanted time to be at their computer! Well, I am sure you too face the same dilemma of whether to let your children spend hours after hours at the computer. But they find a whole load of information from the net so do I stop them or not? My husband and I sometimes give them tasks like searching for information from the net and they could come out with more than we expected so .........? Well, coming back to my craze.


Then I tried my hands on making flowers, like the ones I saw from the Youtube. Sigh..... let's put it this way, jumping clay is not as fine as polymer clay and therefore it has its limitations. For making flowers, you will need to use either polymer clay or cold porcelain. I will show you my works on cold porcelain later. This medium is versatile. Jumping clay is more for children and they are soft and can bounce and thus this medium is called "jumping" clay.

And so for the whole two weeks or so, I indulged myself in this hobby and now a dilemma begins - What do I do with all these wonderful creations that I have made? Yes, they can be made into key chains but they are not meant for rough use. Well...... another idea came into my mind. I use them for decoration. I will share one with you.

I created a birthday card using a CD (you can find this idea in one of my blogs - CD love) and stick a jumping clay pizza here. It was an abt creation because this friend was a coordinator for NIE magazine sponsered by Pizza Hut.





crab


snail


penguin


My favourite - an octopus


sandwich



hotdog



cupcake


strawberry cake



burger



pizza

No comments:

Post a Comment