Friday, June 4, 2010

Trinket Boxes




Teachers’ Day was celebrated throughout Malaysia on the 17th. May 2010. My younger daughter told me that she needed 3 presents for 3 of her favourite teachers. I looked her aghast. Getting one was already a headache because it is never easy to choose a present that tells a teacher that he or she is much appreciated for her effort and of course without appearing to smother the teacher with the hope that he or she would be more lenient with marks the next time round. Now to come up with 3 was indeed terrifying for me. But I had to get her something otherwise I would appear uncooperative. Here I was telling her to appreciate her teachers and there I was moaning because I feared a hole in my pocket. Yes, gifts can be pretty expensive. Fortunately a brainwave hit me at the 11th hour. I ran to a nearby thread and bead shop and bought 2 small plain empty boxes and a basket with cover and then convert them into trinket boxes. By the time I finished putting a personalized touch to each of the trinket box I had half the mind to keep them for my own use.



This trinket box is made from a basket.


My daughter happily went to school with the presents and presented each of her teacher with a big, proud smile. Well, just to remind you dear readers, the trinket boxes although were meant for putting ear-rings and stuff were filled with expensive chocolates. Well, indeed a hole was burnt into my pocket but fortunately not too big a hole. Ha! Ha! But seeing the proud happy smile on my daughter’s face and the teachers’ delightful joy with the gifts were worth the effort. May you too enjoy the praises sang.



No comments:

Post a Comment