Friday, August 27, 2010

Mosque Fascination

Hi! Today I will continue with my fascination or rather obsession of making Hari Raya cards. Yesterday I had a tiny bit of problem : the net was slow and my camera has its limitations so the photos did not come out too good and of course my computer skills. Ha! Ha! Ha!

Here I would like to share a few more of the Raya cards I did. I hope you will also find the time to try making some yourself but keep in mind that the moment you are tired, you have to stop otherwise you will produce mediocre or poor products that is instantly noticed. Each time when I am tired I stopped. In fact I take a day to do just one card unless I am so fresh then I will continue with a second one. Do not force yourself to go on. Art is slow.



This mosque took me two days. It is very intricate with lots of cutting and pasting. It took 5 different stages of cutting and pasting to complete it but each step brought wonderful results.



This mosque took less time but it still needed 5 stages to complete it. I had to look for patterns for the domes. But I cannot deny the great satisfaction I got when the card was completed. This card is for a very gentle but senior Malay lady. She moves very slowly but indeed a kind person. If you must know each card is designed with the person in mind. Well this is the beauty of making cards. I don't deny that this year Raya cards are really class but I love a personal touch and thus spend crazy hours creating Raya cards.



This card is designed for a very special person and so I took three days and special care to do it. I am sorry that my camera did not do justice to the beauty of a handmade card.

No comments:

Post a Comment