Friday, August 20, 2010

Stylish Stationery Holders

Hi, everyone. Today is a Saturday. One of the best days of the week because I get to rest and do the things I love. I got up this morning, feeling really good because I needn't send my girls to school. A mum is never off even when she does not go to work because she instantly becomes the chauffeur. This is the day when suddenly the bus would be too early and the girls are not ready or a certain text is missing and that text must be found immediately or else teacher would scold. Sigh.........It all boils down to "Mum, can you please send me to school and don't forget to pick me up after school?" And so I have changed my job! Ha! Ha! Ha! However I am not complaining. In fact I love to send my two girls to school and pick them up. I love to wake one sleepy head up, tease a smile onto a grumpy face and then see her off. And after school, I will never miss that 'Hah! Thank God you are here fast' and followed by a grateful smile. It makes the 1 hour waiting worth while. Yeah, I always go early to wait to advoid traffic, of course.

O.K. today I have something to share and that is Stylish Stationery Holders. It is a joy to see a piece of beautiful art work on your table holding all your pencils and note pads or whatever you have, right? Sometimes it is too beautiful to be put to use, don't you think so? Well, below are some I have made as presents. It is quite time consuming but art is always patience and time consuming.







This holder was my first to a good colleague's birthday. I really could not think of what to give her. Of course there are thousands of gifts I can find in the supermarket but I felt that none would be able to really convery my appreciation for her. I spent countless hours window shopping and then suddenly this idea came up and she was really happy to recieve it.



This one was given to my sister-in-law. If you notice, I have changed the design at the base. Lovely, right?




This one was for my brother. I don't quite like it because of the shine. It was an experiment to use a shining base. The shine overpowers the beauty of the flowers. It is not a good idea but one that I would like to share with you all so that you won't make the same mistake as I did.



I made this one for my husband. He didn't use it because he thought he would spoil it so I have kept it. Well.... It doesn't matter. He will surely put it to good use one fine day. I am certain of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment