Saturday, June 12, 2010

Beautiful Bookmarks


I did this bookmark at the 11th. hour for my daughter. Just around 9 at night, she suddenly remembered she had to make a bookmark to submit the next day. I had half a mind of ignoring her since it was a last minute thing but seeing her doleful appearance, I thought that I could not be so cold-hearted and perhaps the punishment should be carried out later so I told her that I would do it. As usual anything that was needed last minute always got my brain juice working and bravo there was this bookmark so elegantly made. Sorry that the photo is not so well taken but I assure you it was really beautiful.

The following days saw me feverishly making bookmarks and each bookmark was as elegant and beautiful as the other.

This bookmark was made using a beautiful 1/2 metre lace.


This bookmark was made using a simple 1/2 metre lace and ribbons to give the centre gold look. I have added a small cut out paper doily that softend the appearance of the sharp edges. Lovely right?

For this particular bookmark, I made it for a friend's birthday. She had wanted to laminate it but of course it was not possible because of the ribbon there. Unless the ribbon is removed and attached back after lamination.


Dear friends, a bookmark is a lovely gift to give especially to a reader. In fact it is truly very personal. The words on a bookmark and it being often used make the gift of a bookmark special. So care is especially taken when a bookmark is made.

Making bookmarks need careful handling because we do not want to show the edge of the ribbon sticking onto the bookmark so you need to do a bit of a folding like you are making a box from paper.

Take your time in making it for it is one of the most personal gift to a friend. Take your time to choose the words that befit either the person or the occasion. The receiver will appreciate the bookmark very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment