Saturday, May 29, 2010

Basket with Love

I find that one of the most beautiful gifts from the heart is to send a basket filled with goodies. It can be for any occasion; to show appreciation, to offer an apology, to send your best wishes for a wedding, to congratulate someone’s graduation, for being a great new mum. It can be anything. And the basket can be filled just about anything that you want. The receiver upon receiving it will feel truly happy.

What I do is, I first decorate the basket according to the occasion and to whom it is being sent to. A young teenager would prefer something more trendy in décor and the basket perhaps be filled with stationeries or bling-bling. An adult perhaps would appreciate a book or some Ferraro Roche balls.

This basket was created for a wedding. When I first chose the colour theme, I was quite apprehensive because the colour may not be the bride’s choice. Here I have a yellowish orange basket. The colour may clash with the bride’s choice for example, she may like blue. So it is a bit of a trick and some sixth sense one needs, to get the right colour theme. For me it was just that and I was glad that the bride had her whole wedding decor in that colour but I would suggest that you ask the bride for her favourite colour… just to avoid disappointment.

A closer look at the basket:


Here is another view:


Some time ago I made another basket for a new mother. I chose red, the safest colour. Ha! Ha! Well, you may want to know why it was the mother I was giving the gift to and not the baby. As you know, almost everyone will buy gifts for the baby forgetting that the new mother truly needs our support to cheer her on as a new journey begins. Yeap, it is tough bringing up just a child. You struggle against so many negative elements. All one needs is to flick open the newspaper any time and you will read about so many families in distress. It is disheartening so I have decided that I will lend my love and support to the new mother.

The picture is unfortunately not very good:

No comments:

Post a Comment