Friday, May 21, 2010

Friendship Bears

Have you ever wondered how to cheer up a friend and feeling helpless when you can't even find a single comforting or well meaning word to say? Then you go on to think of buying her a gift. First, you really don't know what to give and when you hit upon a good idea you knew it was going to burn a hole in your pocket! What do you do?

You think long and hard. Book? No. No one in a bad frame of mind would want to read. How about a card? Well those cards in the supermarket to cheer a person up are often worded cheesyly (like this word). Flowers? Aren't flowers for lovers? Well, I am no different from you except that I found a way to personalize gifts - Friendship Bears!

FRIENDSHIP BEARS

I bought these little 3" bears cheaply in a China shop, and dressed them up... one by one. Then I packed it into a paper bag and gave it to my sad-eyed friend. I tell you the effort and time I spent on my bear was all (so, totally) worth it. I saw her light up instantly. Yes, the message that I want to send came across. I wanted her to be able to come out of her struggles and that I was available to help: lend a ear, a shoulder and an arm. Below are two close up of my cute Friendsip Bears. I hope you could cheer up your friends, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment