Friday, July 2, 2010

Tiny Food Courts

Hi, I am back. I think it has been quite a while since I wrote. The reason was work. It left me crawling to bed each night, tired to the bones. But I am fine now. Today I would like to share with you another of my favourite past time - Tiny Food Courts. My interest was fanned when I saw tiny little bowls of porridge, rice, fish noodle soup and others being sold. They are actually fridge magnets and key chains. I made many trips to various places to get my collection and after each shopping trip, I came back admiring the tiny objects and indulging in fantasy of setting up a food stall. But I can't be holding the tiny objects in my hand everyday, right? So I again made a few trips but this time to '100 Yen', a shop selling all kinds of Japanese kitchen stuffs to get my basket and the rest. I have a few photos here to share with you.



If you look carefully, there are bowls of fish soup, cuttlefish cooked in sauce, porridge, prawn noodle and herbal chicken soup.



In the small rectangular basket are three bowls of sweet appetisers : white fungus, red dates and another type of dates (mud chou). These dates are big and sweet.


Here is the whole lay out. I got the basket, the table and the wooden from '100 Yen'

And then I chanced upon Youtube clips on polymer clay being used to make burger, biscuits, biscuits and etc. Wow! I was really enamoured by the exquisite tiny little wonders. But buying polymer clay is expensive and they do not come in small amount. So to placate my bubbling excitement, I used my daughter's play dough. The effect is not as good because play dough is soft. But it was good enough for me for the time being. So I spent my days 'baking' tiny cakes and slices of cakes. Then I used my daughter's toys to create a bakery.


A birthday cake


Different types of cakes arranged in a triangular and round plate


And here is my bakery : Elaine's Bakery


No comments:

Post a Comment